Tuesday, May 12, 2015

April Quilts

 
This is a St. Louis 16 Patch.  The strips were 4" wide.  I just sewed the squares together today.  Now I need to sew fabrics together to form a back. No border is planned since it is big enough around 52 x 71.



 
The colors on the photos show a dark yellow color, actually it is a very soft off white color.  Two quilts made with all of the blocks that I had sewn up.  The first one I made I did not want a border on it.  I pieced the back with the flower strip.  Then since I had left over blocks I made the second quilt.  Since I did want it to be a bit bigger I planned on putting a border on it.  I went to Rosie's and found some beige fabric with the flowers on it which I planned on using for the back.  When I got home I liked it as the border fabric so adjusted my plans.  The thin yellow border is actually the back side of a bright yellow print.  It works perfectly using the wrong side.  I quilted both of these very heavily so when they are washed they crinkle up and feel like old quilts.



No comments:

Post a Comment