Friday, February 11, 2011






This is the latest quilt that I am working on, using my strings. I am unsure on the layout that I should use for it since the colors are not as bright and crazy as previous quilts I have made using this pattern. Should I go with the standard rows or should I mix it up?


When I say that it is the latest, I do mean one of many this week. I also have gotten a Little Monkey on my back. Yep, Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville has a new pattern available and I decided to try it. I do follow Bonnie's scrap saver method to a degree. I used 3.5 blocks to make the center strips insted of her use of 1.5 strips..I just don't go that small. One problem that I discovered is that most of my fabrics in the scrap bins are focus fabrics which do not work well when cut into small pieces.

6 comments:

  1. I normally go for the standard version of things but I really like the first version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first version. But what ever you choose, it will be a great quilt when finished. My favorite quilts are scrap with many different fabrics.
    Bonnie has great patterns but I shy away from the ones with so many small pieces. I tend to get bored when it takes so long to construct a top with a zillion small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is funkier. I like it. The second more controlled, but still a beautiful setting. I'd make them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I like the second better - especially if it was going on my bed rather than an art piece.

    I realize this is because I have a diagnosed "perceptual processing" problem - but the first one has the effect of making me feeling carsick. So my recommendation is it depends on who it is going to - and if a charity give away will they have a choice. I am sure most people would love the funky first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief - how cooool they are! I like the first one - If a person is going to go "out of the box", then one should go waaaaay out and make a real statement. LOVE it!!! Saw you on Quiltville chat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the first version best, but they both look great!

    ReplyDelete