Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jelly Roll and latest quilts


I finally had a very productive time with the quilting. Have you seeen the Jelly Roll 1600 race video? If you go to http://blog.heirloomcreations.net/?p=1897 you can see the pattern and get a link to the video. I opened up a jelly roll and started the clock. My time start to finish in sewing a complete top was just one hour. This quilt was a bit boring to sew since it is just long seams, but once I started getting closer to the finish it got more exciting. And, it was just an hour of sewing. After I basted it and started quilting I decided to add a few circles to the top just to add some contrast to all of the linear features. The fabric that I have on the back has circles on it and I also pieced a circle on the backing.


I will be making this pattern again since it was easy and fast to sew. A great donation quilt at 48 x 64" finished size.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the video I thought the rasce looked like fun when with a bunch of other quilters, but like you I wondered how boring it would be--glad to hear that it gets exciting at the end. I like how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete