Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quilt Factory

Back of the Orange Pinwheel quilt.

Back of the Dr. Suess quilt.


This one is a take off of a pattern we did in quilt class- Modern Logging.  I took it way farther and imagined what would happen if Dr. Suess built a log cabin. I am planning on quilting it in a crazy way. I already started to quilt it. Undecided about the binding.  I can go with a darker blue and aqua binding or go crazy with yellow plaid and such.


These are "After Quilts". As I was cleaning up after making the Angela quilt I noticed that there were many pieces of the right size to do another Parker's Square Quilt. Just enough to make this large crib sized quilt.

When I was doing the 36 patch quilt I cut two wof at 2.5". I only needed about 45" so there was some left over.  I assembled four patch units and had enough for this crib sized quilt.  I quilted it and bound it today.
 
So, you see it does seem like a quilt factory around here. I went to Joann's today and bought 40 yards of warm and white- had to do it since I only have enough left for one more quilt and hey,  it was on sale 50% off and then I had a 10 % student discount on top of that. 
 
What will tomorrow bring????

No comments:

Post a Comment